Friday, June 12, 2009

Home Sweet Home... almost!

Alright, well where to start? We're getting there, most of the painting is finally finished! We went yellow in what's going to be the office/playroom and I think it turned out great, it looks really bright in the picture but it's not quite that bright! In our room we did a "Soft Denim" color that looks really nice, I was nervous at first because it just looked grey but as it dried it became a nice shad of blue! The boys room and guest room got it's new carpet and looks amazing, it's like two brand new rooms back there, so I'm super excited to get the rooms set up, they just turned out above and beyond my expectations! We installed our new front door and I love it, it's very nice, and we got the lights all put up that Ed added to the living room... there will be no shortage of lights in that house :-) Then, in the kitchen, we had to paint it and I didn't want to do it grey or brown so I just went for it and got some COLOR! I was a little apprehensive but we figured if we hated it we'd just paint it in a couple of years, but I think it turned out perfect, I love it! We went with a dark green along the soffit and then a light green every where else with a red accent in the pop out! The ceiling is going to be tan like the living room along with the wall that runs from the kitchen to the living room, it's great, I'm lovin' it! So we still have a few baseboards to paint, the laundry room, which is going to be the same colors as the kitchen just cause that's what's left over and I really enjoy those colors, and we're getting cabinet to put in there instead of the little shelves that are in there now, so that will look nice! We're putting a 5'X10' area of wood floor from the new front door to where the hallway starts, and then using some of that carpet to patch where the fireplace was and I think that the carpets finally getting laid back down in the living room and in the staircase next week and then we should be on our way! I cannot wait!
The new front door!
The ceiling with the newly added lights

The boys room with the new carpet!
The new kitchen paint job
I LOVE it!

The back side of the house and our yard

The Bathroom all finished
Painting our room with the crew

The new bedroom color... from green to blue
The office when we started
Then it went white

And now it's all yellow!






No comments: