Friday, November 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Another Birthday yes, October/November is a busy time for us Almeida's! This time it was my mother-in-law's Birthday! She is such a wonderful person and does so much each and every day, so I wanted to make her Birthday special and do as much as I could to accomplish that! First off though my sister-in-law made dinner for her on Monday night, so we all went over there and had dinner and cake and mom did like a gift exchange, she got presents for all of us and then we got to chose if we wanted to trade with someone... you had to be there :-) it was fun though! Then Tuesday night Ed and I and the boys went down and decorated the office with a banner and streamers and I made this collage thing of all the fun times we've had the past couple of years with his mom and put a flower and some candy on her desk! Then wednesday morning (her birthday) I made her some strawberry crepes, I was nervous, I've always been intimidated by crepe making but it was actually really easy, so they turned out pretty good! She headed into the office and was very excited about the decorations so that was good. Then I had planned to bring down lunch but dad called me tuesday afternoon and wanted to throw a little surprise lunch for her at Barone and Reeds so I made some calls and got a couple of people to go down and we had lunch! Then wednesday is our bible study night so we had it our house instead of at the church and I made a roast and the Gemmill's brought a delicious german chocolate cake and we had another little birthday celebration! I had a lot of fun doing it and I know mom was pretty excited too! She means so much to our family and she deserved a day as special and wonderful as she is!!!!
Monday nights party!
Waylon sportin' his hat
The office decorated!
The collage I made
The crepes
The final blowing out of the candles, I think this was the 3rd time she had to do it :-)

No comments: