Monday, August 29, 2011

Puppy...Kittens...Who am I?

We started talking about getting another dog, looking at pictures and prices and seeing what's out there. We really weren't all that serious, it more like something that sounded like a good idea... Well I stumbled across this adorable little year and a half old Beagle/Hound dog on the incline animal shelter website. I called to see what it would take to get him, found myself filling out the adoption app, getting our animals current on shots and two days later driving up to incline to pick up our Henry boy! I don't know what happened exactly, I fell in love with this little guy, and if you know me you'd know I'm not a huge animal fan, but he was so sweet I couldn't resist. Plus, I wanted a pal for our dog Bailey to have in the yard with her, and I wanted a smaller dogs for the boys- They just love him, way calls him "hungry" and mason calls him "honey" so we're working on that. He dug out of the yard within the first few days, but I fixed that problem and he didn't listen at all and he's already gotten a lot better at that too! I'm pretty happy with Mr. Henry and Ed secretly loves him too.



Then just last week our cat had kittens. Like all the litters we have around here there was of course complications. She ended up having them in the litter box and when I opened it I saw one had died, one was roaming around and then there was a clump of four trying to separate but couldn't. I picked them up to put in a cleaner environment and the four were still connected by their cords and after birth. It was a mess, it was covered in litter and I think that's why she wasn't eating it off. So, after a phone call to Ed he came home to help me do some surgery lol. We had to cut them free and I honestly didn't think they'd live. The internet said to tie the cords if you have to cut them but it was such a mess and they were so tangled that we were barely able to cut them free at all without almost giving them another belly button! And then I thought momma kitty was going to just reject them after that, she wasn't getting in the box with them, but Ed put her in and she's been nursing ever since ha! So, now we have 5 kittens and I have one maybe two spoken for so....

No comments: