Monday, August 29, 2011

Trenches

We have an amazing back yard, tons and tons of grass, a nice concrete area/basketball court but there's just this one area that we've always grown our goat head stickers that we finally decided needed to be grass. I should back up a little bit though because we've always wanted grass there but never really had the push to do it, my aunt gave me a few boxes or plants and oak tree to plant and I didn't have anywhere to put them. I wanted just a little planter over in that sticker area but we decided it was probably a good time to start this project. Before grass though you must trench and put in sprinkler lines! The saturday we started, or I should say Ed and Dad started, (july 16th) I had a few errands to run and a Birthday party to attend and after seeing the great progress Ed was making we both thought that by the time I got home it would be mostly done. Well, we I got back I found Ed about six feet underneath the concrete trying to repair a water line that he broke with the tractor...I can happily say that 3 weeks later the sprinklers are in and done! Ha! Poor guy, he was working late nights during the week and really only had Saturdays to work on it, so it was quite the process, and thank goodness for his Dad who was just a tremendous help! In the midst of it all, the boys were probably the happiest they've ever been, we had a huge sand mountain that they just loved and couldn't get enough of running through those trenches!




No comments: