Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad


My wonderful in-laws celebrate their 36th wedding anniversary today! I tell ya, I can't imagine better parents to Ed and I, we both look up to them and have the upmost respect for them. They love the Lord and always put him first in their lives and in their marriage and are a constant reminder to us that Christ is in control of all things especially in our ability to love one another and to bring glory to Him. Mom is the perfect example of what it means to be a wife. "An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels." Proverbs 31:10 tells us that and I believe that dad has found himself a jewel. She's one of a kind and I know that I'm constantly turning to her in my life for wisdom and guidance and she's always there to offer up advise and pray with me. "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all." Proverbs 31:29 And Dad, he too is simply one of a kind. The love he has for mom is perfect, he is the head of his wife but with all the love and respect in the world. He would do anything for her and they are so fun just to watch as an "old married couple" (even though they are not that old) from the way he nicely complains about dinner, to the way he misses her when she's away, it all warms my heart to see. Dad has always been there for us, it hasn't always been easy but everything has only brought us closer. I know that he is always there for us and it has been such a blessing to be able to spend as much time with him as we have the past couple of months and really get to know him. He's a joy to be around, I know that I look forward to his phone calls checking on Mason or to warn me about suspicious vehicles in the neighborhood, he's always looking out for us. I definitely don't tell him enough but I love him very much and have a great deal of respect for him as well. God has graciously brought me into their family and what a blessing it has been, they are the definition of Parents, Grandparents and of Marriage and we love them with all our hearts! Happy Anniversary you guys!

No comments: