Monday, June 21, 2010

Workin' In The Yard

We've been very busy working in our yard and I can't tell you how much I really enjoy it! It started out creating our garden, mom and I decided to do a big vegetable garden this year so with much help we built a wonderful garden! It was a ton of work but well worth it I think! We've got all sorts of things planted there and things are already starting to pop up it pretty exciting!


The boys mostly enjoyed playing in the huge pile of dirt!

Sprinklers in


Waylon eating dirt!


Some of the crew after filling in all the dirt! That was a lot of work!

I was also super excited to plant flowers around our house so once most of the garden work was done I started in our planters! I think they all turned out real nice. I planted some boxwood hedges in the planters between our house and garage and put some marigolds around them too. Then in the back there was some big bushes that we tore out and put a honeysuckle in one and a bougainvillia in the other with some other flowers as well. I love it, they're really pretty and bright!
This is my little basil bush the I planted next to our front door and then this is the little bird house that ed's mom and I went and built the other night at Ace's Ladies Night!
This is one of the two planters (they look the same) between our house and garage
The honeysuckle planter
The bougainvillia planter





No comments: